Gramling Estes Law Firm
Free Initial Consultations 479-439-4159

Call to have your questions answered by lawyers at one of the oldest and most established firms in Northwest Arkansas.

Can I move my whole house to a new location?

It is common for people to love a house but not really love the location of it. When this happens, you may have an option to move the house. However, moving a house in Arkansas can be a difficult process. It requires a lot of paperwork before you can actually plan the move.

According to the Washington County Courthouse, you must secure a permit from the Washington County Planning Board if you want to move your home to a new location. The board can deny you for a couple reasons. First, if moving the home will cause physical injury or damage to property. Second, if the move will violate sanitation and land use laws.

To ensure that moving your home will not be a problem, you must complete a permit application. It is pretty extensive. You will need to provide a description of building, a description of the route that will be taken to move it, and information on how the property is currently used and how it will be used. You also need to supply a plat plan and information on how you will hook into sewage, water, gas and other utilities.

The permit application also requires some signatures. These include signatures from property owners around the site of the location where the home will be moved to. You also need signatures from authorities for the utilities you will need and from law enforcement.

Finally, you must pay a $20 application fee. If you permit is approved, you have to pay a bond in the minimum amount of $5,000.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Send us your
questions and start
here with a Free

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Gramling Estes Law Firm

Office Location:

Gramling Estes Law Firm
One East Center #140
Fayetteville, AR 72701

Phone: (479) 521-4444
Fax: (479) 521-6730
Fayetteville Law Office Map