Gramling Estes Law Firm
Free Initial Consultations 479-439-4159

Call to have your questions answered by lawyers at one of the oldest and most established firms in Northwest Arkansas.

How to enforce child support payments that are delinquent

Child support payment agreements are an important and vital piece to raising children. When one parent refuses to follow the agreement and does not make payments, it will be up to the other parent to put strategies in place for enforcement.

Regardless if your ex-spouse has moved out of state or is just refusing to make payments, there are legal procedures in place to get the payments made.

Enforcement of child support

The Office of Child Support Enforcement (OCSE) in Arkansas oversees the enforcement orders for child support and collecting payments from parents who are delinquent. Here are actions the department will perform to retrieve funds for unpaid child support:

  • Collect money from state and federal tax refunds
  • Take money directly from bank accounts or freeze accounts
  • Garnish wages from paychecks
  • Contact credit bureau and report delinquent payments
  • Suspend driver’s, professional or any sporting licenses
  • Deny or revoke a passport 

Working with the OCSE means you can use procedures for enforcement that are not always available through other outlets. If you use the OCSE and find the process slow to be resolved, a solution can be using a private attorney who may be able to speed up the process.

If you are a parent who is not receiving their court ordered child support payments from the non-custodial parent, you should immediately begin enforcement actions. When you can act fast, you can quickly minimize the financial stress you are experiencing and get the support you are owed.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Send us your
questions and start
here with a Free

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Gramling Estes Law Firm

Office Location:

Gramling Estes Law Firm
One East Center #140
Fayetteville, AR 72701

Phone: (479) 521-4444
Fax: (479) 521-6730
Fayetteville Law Office Map